Fund Administration Analyst
- Boston, MA
Mercer's Fund Administration Group supports a growing number of collective investment trust and mutual funds. The team is looking to hire an Analyst who will help the team support all aspects of financial statement production, as well as expense budgeting and monitoring for assigned Mercer mutual funds and collective portfolios. Coordinates the workflow of third party vendor's Fund Administration group. Review financial statements and monthly/quarterly filings, prepare fund expenses and review reimbursement calculations for the Mercer products.
Provides financial and operational oversight for product launches and pro forma reporting. Individual will be responsible for assisting senior analysts with annual audits of Mercer products, semi-annual financial statement reviews and quarterly filings. Responsibilities also include oversight of quarterly Board reporting for Mercer Funds and Mercer Collective and Group Trusts. Individual will also support client audits and related annual Form 5500 filings.
- Support and/or manage the creation of semi-annual and annual product Financial reports and quarterly filings
- Supports fund administration related activities; accruals, expenses, fund finance reporting, budgeting, etc.
- Primary communication with third party fund administration and finance operations groups for Mercer products as well as third party custodian, accounting group and transfer agent.
- Involved with daily requirements surrounding oversight of standards established with each vendor ensuring the highest level of service to the clients of the Mercer Funds and Mercer Collective and Group Trusts.
- Attend and Manage meetings with vendors
- Provide written and verbal updates to management
- Analyze current procedures internally and externally looking for areas of improvement
- Uses analytical skills to identify potential issues
- Performs timely review of monthly fee calculations
- Acts as liaison with auditors to answer any questions related to audits, financial statements expenses and reimbursements
- Support and/or manage the creation of quarterly Board materials for the Mercer Funds and Mercer Collective and Group Trusts
- Exposure to 15c Board Reporting/profitability analysis for Mutual Funds
- Regulatory Investment Company working knowledge that is readily applied to daily product oversight
- Product and Legal Entity Audit management: coordinate both internal and external audits
- Assist client auditors with investment product requirements and data delivery based on needs
- Security Valuation: specifically able to apply FAS 157 regulations within at the ERISA plan level, 40 Act Mutual Fund and investment companies
- Mutual Fund experience; transfer agent, custodian, fund accounting, fund administration, client services, etc.
- Independent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently on assignments
- Experienced with product launches and daily management with technical financial knowledge a plus
- Institutional investment knowledge preferable
- Working knowledge of FASB rules and Regulation S-X as they apply to ERISA and 40 Act Mutual Funds
- Knowledge of employee benefit plans and Form 5500 filings a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferably in accounting or finance
- 5 -7 years of mutual fund industry experience with at least 3 years directly related to Financial Reporting or Treasury Services
- Fund Administration experience and knowledge
Back to top