Florida, Fort Lauderdale MMA Internship– 2020 BETA Summer Internship Program
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA's services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Unmatched, scalable resources
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
In order to create and sustain a competitive advantage, we feel strongly that attracting and retaining the best talent in the market is our top priority. Our Summer Beta Internship Program is a comprehensive program that provides interns with real world risk management and insurance experience, in the hopes that today's Interns will become tomorrow's top colleagues and leaders. Our goal is to provide a well-rounded introduction to our industry and operations by assigning responsibilities and special projects in a variety of areas.
This engaging, high-energy and fun10-week program uses interactive sessions with senior leaders, a variety of unique work assignments, small group discussion, in-field experiences, as well as networking and mentoring opportunities to provide valuable insight for immediate relevance and impact.
The Beta internship will commence in June and interns will work full-time. Additional internship details including the start/end dates as well as the orientation and rotation schedules will be provided upon receiving an offer to join the program.
- Duration: June thru August 2020
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (housing provided)
- Rotations: Sales, Commercial Lines, Enterprise Risk Management, Employee Benefits, Private Client Group, and Marketing Communications
Program Requirements & Application
Students must meet the established minimum requirements of the program in order to be considered a candidate for an Intern position. The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Target Participants: Junior level students
- Full-time student currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate College or University and pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Risk Management, Professional Sales, Business, Finance, or similar major.
- Students must demonstrate through official school transcript that they maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0 out of a 4.0 scale at the completion of their most recent term.
2015, 2013, 2011 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2015, 2011, 2009 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2018, 2016 AMERICA's BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes
2016 AHA Fit Friendly
2019, 2017, 2016 SOUTH FLORIDA'S TOP WORKPLACES - Sun Sentinel
Back to top