The Mercer Corporate Finance team is in search of a Financial Specialist II as their next star new hire. This is a chance to work in a collaborative environment with many opportunities to advance existing skillsets in preparation of your future inter-company promotion. As a level II Financial Specialist you will partner with senior managers to provide strategic financial support to their planning and analysis of future business goals. You will have opportunities to connect with other members of the Global Mercer finance team as you collect data/intel. Working across the various products of Mercer will result in a wealth of knowledge making you the eventual resident expert. The global scope that you cover will give you exposure and build rapport necessary to collaborate with peers and clients globally. We will provide you with the tools necessary to be successful in driving a solutions-based partnership with your clients. If you are up for the challenge and ready to jump-start your long term career - APPLY!
The Primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Autonomously work with other departments to produce period reporting and analysis to support the business, region and market in making informed decisions. Reporting tasks are inclusive of but not limited to financial modeling, analytics, researching, reporting, budgeting, forecast, and allocation; monthly, quarterly, and/or annually as required.
- Ensures financial reports, P&L, balance sheets, cashflows, and statistical analyses are developed and accurate.
- Identifies financial and operational KPIs and converts them into dashboards to drive accountability for performance throughout supported areas.
- Prepares and delivers reports and presentations to advise management on financial analyses, results, and recommendations.
- Creates and maintains financial models, performs variance analyses, and develops business cases to inform financial strategy along with investment summaries.
- Implements financial processes and systems to maximize the quality of financial reporting, analyses, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Provide support for business and operational decisions-making.
- Oversight of Functional Management Overlays
- Oversight of COGS data loads and adjustments
- Review of Global Data Governance Requests and approval of same
- Partner with Data Governance to answer questions and resolve hierarchy related issues
- Ensure that various data sets are properly staged and reconciled for month-end
- Preparation of Monthly Internal Flash Memo
- Refresh Smartviews and update various reports and slides for monthly Forecast, Flash and Key Indicators decks
- Highlight variances and gather explanations for material items while partnering with Regions to reduce duplication of efforts
- Produces ad-hoc analyses as needed to allow senior management to make informed decisions
- Fulfill various ad hoc requests for Financial data from Strategy and other areas of the business as needed
- Review of allocation true-ups and partner with Global Function and Regional colleagues to address related questions
- Liaise with FIS on various system enhancements, processes and issues
- Partner with Global FP&A teams to answer questions and help resolve issues
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related
- Minimum three years in relative FP&A experience preferably at a global firm
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly advanced in Excel, PowerPoint
- Initiative sound judgment to make appropriate and timely decisions
- Ability to understand and articulate financial impact or business decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with data and analytic tools such as Hyperion Interactive Reporting
- Comfortable presenting to senior management; able to appropriately challenge senior business leaders and their assumptions
- Required - Positive attitude and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Must be able to multi-task, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Desire to invest in your knowledge base and develop into more senior finance roles
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top