Financial Analyst- Specialty Pharmacy Group
- Houston, TX
The Pharmacy Financial Analyst will support consultants in managing client accounts by researching, analyzing, and evaluating employers' pharmacy benefit contracts, plans and programs. To fulfill this role, the Pharmacy Financial Analyst will:
- Work with health plans and Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) to request data including utilization, financial, plan design and clinical data in order to perform evaluations for various pharmacy projects such as Request for Proposals (RFPs), renewal/benchmarking, contract negotiations, financial evaluations and cost projections, formulary and network access disruption analysis and plan design changes.
- Manage multiple pharmacy consulting projects and perform tasks including:
- Developing and adhering to project timelines
- Monitoring progress to deadlines and budget
- Coordinating and scheduling vendor and client calls
- Communicating status updates effectively internally and externally
- Interpreting and summarizing RFP responses
- Assisting with preparation and presentation of materials
- Assisting with client implementations
- Checking data for reasonability and completeness using independent judgment and critical thinking skills
- Following up with vendors regarding missing or inaccurate data and asking clarifying questions
- Analyze actual versus expected healthcare costs using an Excel financial model
- Gain an understanding of vendor/carrier markets, basic underwriting and financial skills, Health & Benefit products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning or through on the job training
- For Mercer collective clients, act as day-to-day contact for assigned clients to assist in resolving escalated issues, coordinate quarterly and annual meetings, review reporting and developing recommendations and perform ad hoc analysis
- Build strong relations internally with colleagues as well as externally with clients and vendor partners
- Meet billable hours' goals
- Contribute to sales and marketing opportunities by drafting responses and compiling presentation materials
- BA/BS preferred
- Two to three years of related experience including financial analytics coupled with project management
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly with Excel (highly experienced with Excel and associated functionality)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding, fast paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and on client teams
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help when appropriate
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues with a strong client service focus
- Self-starter; willing to challenge oneself; ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how work fits into the broader picture
- Required to obtain and maintain Life, Accident and Health license as required by Mercer policies. Mercer reimburse expenses and allows for study/exam time.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top