Financial Analyst - FP&A
Marsh and McLennan Companies is looking for a Financial Analyst to join its West Coast FP&A team in downtown Los Angeles. We are seeking a self-starter who is intellectually curious, maintains high standards and has a solid understanding of finance and accounting principles. Strong oral and written communication skills are highly important, as well as the ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be an integral part of the monthly forecast and annual budget process and will be accountable for providing analytical support and timely and accurate reporting of financial performance to senior leaders. This person will also be importing/extracting data from various financial systems, tracking and analyzing data trends, metrics and variances, and participating in special projects.
- Utilize advanced Microsoft Excel skills to manipulate large data sets
- Responsible for monthly consolidation of forecasting and actuals reporting as well as annual budgeting and strategic planning
- Prepares analyses of trends and variances of monthly results to plan and prior year
- Assists with strategic planning and performs comprehensive trend analysis via leading and lagging indicators
- Develops and prepares financial presentations for senior business leadership
- Creates and maintains client reporting tools, reporting templates and tools to facilitate production of financial reports and analysis
- Assists in the identification and execution of opportunities to automate/streamline processes and reporting
- Conducts ad-hoc analyses for senior management
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top