The Financial Analyst in Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for budget, forecast and month end deliverables and special projects. This highly visible position performs quality financial analysis that provides business leaders an understanding of key drivers and underlying results. Additionally, this person is responsible for providing guidance and support to the finance teams based throughout the world. Overall, this candidate should be a detail-oriented strategic thinker who demonstrates initiative in decision-making, interpersonal, and communication skills with a desire for significant contribution.
- Assist with the global budget, three year outlook and monthly forecast process
- Develop expertise and ownership of key P&L line-items
- Act as point of contact for one of Marsh's corporate support functions
- Coordinate monthly calls/meetings with the support function
- Provide financial support to leaders' strategic initiatives
- Manage the Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) forecast and budget processes
- Support global month-end close process by preparing recurring/standard and ad hoc reports, researching general ledger activity and variances to budget, prior year and forecast
- Prepare financial presentations in various forms to report month and quarter-end results to business and function leaders
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate in finance, accounting or related degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong business acumen with an analytical mindset and a creative problem solver
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team in a multi-cultural and time sensitive environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with financial reporting tools, such as Oracle Hyperion Financial Suite, SAP, or Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) a plus
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top