Participates as a key member of project team responsible for summarizing and validating data to be used for various projects.May also includes taking meeting notes and following up with action items and assignments.
Coordinates with project lead to scope data aspect of project and determine type and features of data model to be used.Scoping data model includes defining and understanding the data set, determining the best framework of the model and determine and apply assumptions.
Summarizes and validates data from multiple sources.Responsible for reviewing for accuracy and completeness of data before and after data is entered into the data model.
Builds and/or updates complex data models in Excel and/or Access. Completes supplemental ad hoc analysis as needed.
Validates and reviews that source data and data calculations are correct and appropriate peer review protocol is adhered to.
Reviews project documentation, including technical write ups, certification and executive summaries.Determines impact of anomalies and inconsistency of data and communicates the analysis and impact of model on data to team and project leader.
Participates in mandatory office sponsored analyst training, including peer review and actuarial concepts and protocols.
Utilizes intranet resources, participates in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues to gain an understanding government sponsored Health and Welfare programs.
A Government Healthcare Financial Analyst can expect to:
- Perform comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software.
- Analyze and interpret various types of health care data including claims data, encounter data and financial reports
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Assist in researching, strategizing and implementing client solutions
- Gain an understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare.
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels to meet and exceed client demands and deadlines.
- Collaborate with a focused group of colleagues on smaller team based assignments with opportunities to participate in larger scale client and industry projects.
- Grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives.
- BA or BS Degree
- Minimum one to three years of industry or related experience
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and project management skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel or similar programs. Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products such as Access or PowerPoint is beneficial.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and take initiative.
Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation is why clients choose Mercer. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer's stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary ofMarsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people.With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking andinnovativerisk management solutions;Guy Carpenter, whichdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; andOliver Wyman, whichserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top