Finance Associate FP&A North America
Do you have a passion for partnering with business leaders on strategy development, execution of financial targets and business goals? Are you interested in raising the Strategic impact of Finance within the Firm? Are you seeking opportunities in an organization that invests in their employees- where internal mobility is top of mind? Our finance colleagues are charged with conducting high value analysis, implementing strategic initiatives and operational improvements, as well as finding the opportunities within a business unit to deliver increased revenue and profitability.
Guy Carpenter is currently seeking a Financial Associate to join its North American FP&A team. This team supports the Guy Carpenter North American business, an industry leader in Reinsurance, strategic advisory and analytics. The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player with strong technical skills, excellent business acumen and demonstrated problem solving and analytical aptitude. The primary focus of this role will be to interact and build strong partnerships with the business to effectively develop, communicate and analyze financial reporting to support strategic decision making for business units within the North American organization.
The successful candidate is a self-starter with a passion for excellence, who offers working solutions to business partners and management with excellent communication and presentation skills. This position requires the ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks with strong follow-through to gather information from various sources and bring projects to timely completion. The candidate should also possess the ability to grasp new concepts and work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
This critical role, reporting to the North American Finance Leader, provides the unique opportunity to obtain an in-depth view of offices within the Guy Carpenter North American business.
- Interact and build strong partnerships with the business leaders
- Be a valued business partner by providing monthly reporting and forecasting in an accurate and timely manner, incorporating value added commentary and analysis to elicit critical decision support
- Support the annual strategic plan and budget, quarterly business reviews, executive management presentations and communications
- Create financial models, driver based sensitivity and analysis to guide investment rationale and alternative scenarios
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the relevant revenue and expense drivers and trends of the business unit
- Build strong partnerships with the Finance team members and be able to effectively communicate financial results to all stakeholders
- Promote and foster a positive work environment that encourages efficiency, professionalism and collaboration
- Identify and implement new systems and process functionality to support business initiatives, in conjunction with the broader Finance Team
- Initiate continuous improvement in processes, systems, and organizational effectiveness
- Work with cross-functional teams (Controllership, Compliance, Operations, IT, Human Resources, etc.) to ensure maximum leverage and efficiency are delivered to the business; streamlining reporting and processes where possible
- Participate in ad-hoc analysis as required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience supporting a line of business
- 3+ years of experience forecasting, budgeting and reporting
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Access desirable
- Strong financial acumen with exceptional mathematical and analytical skills
- A detail oriented person who can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects
- Leadership aptitude, ability to work effectively in teams and work with numerous stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills; both oral and written
- Ability to work independently, with good judgement and meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Experience with financial statements
- Strong knowledge of principles and trends of Finance
- Insurance/Reinsurance market knowledge a plus
- Experience with a general ledger and query system (Oracle Financials, Essbase and Cognos preferred)
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple senior stakeholders within a large organization
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top