Executive and Workforce Rewards Consultant
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
The Compensation/Executive Rewards Consultant is central to our project teams. They manage client projects, draft client presentations, assist in providing consulting advice, and formally and/or informally manage analysts and associates, providing feedback, technical review, and development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plans and manages execution of projects, likely with multiple work streams
- Executes project delivery in line with strategic direction from senior consultant
- Independently facilitates client meetings and acts as a trusted advisor to clients
- Appropriately delegates assignments to junior colleagues and reviews output for alignment with project needs
- Leads the development of client ready reports, with minimal guidance
- Identifies new business opportunities with clients and manages proposal process
- Supports proposals to meet individual sales goals
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Prepares project charts and templates using project management tools, estimates hours for the project team, and prepares timelines for project milestones. Serves as an independent project manager for more straightforward projects or work streams. Ensures client projects adhere to budget. Immediately addresses out-of-scope issues or budget overruns and manages the client's expectations. Prioritizes project activities to manage the workload and meet project deadlines.
- Delegates project tasks in line with individual capability, development needs and available analyst and associate resources. Leads both internal and client project status meetings. Serves as a primary client contact and builds relationships with clients.
- Writes and reviews client PowerPoint presentations/reports including Excel exhibits and initial conclusions on the data analytics completed by Analysts and Associates. Works closely with senior consultants on the project to determine the exhibits and findings to be included in the final client presentations, which typically involves a high level of customization.
- Conducts client interviews, facilitates focus groups, and delivers training. Is responsible for the technical part of client presentations to HR and management or during client meetings.
- Writes project proposals and answers to Requests for Proposals. Suggests project extensions based on existing work. Attends sales calls. Writes statements of work including project steps for senior consultants' review.
- Develops new tools and templates that can be leveraged in multiple markets. Ensures intellectual capital generated within own projects is captured and available for others to draw on.
- Provides proactive and just-in-time feedback, coaching and mentoring to junior staff. Acts as a mentor and resource (technical or consulting) for colleague questions. Participates in development and performance conversations with senior consultants to help ensure individual and team success.
To be considered for this career opportunity, our ideal candidate will have these core competencies:
- Management Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, and coordination of people and resources.
- Compensation: Knowledge of compensation principles, e.g., job benchmarking, salary structure design, job architecture
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Analysis and Reporting: Skilled in data manipulation and analysis using spreadsheet software, and developing written reports which summarize analysis and provides interpretation in the context of the challenge faced by the client
- Multi-tasking: Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously on a variable schedule based on project demand
- Business Linkage: Ability to link compensation challenges to broader business or industry context
- BA/BS degree with coursework in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, human resources (HR) and/or accounting, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, human resources or accounting preferred; project management experience; experience in data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design
- Knowledge of executive compensation programs
- Excellent project management, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously withstrong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and a strong background in Excel
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing client needs
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top