Equity Research Analyst
The role will suit a candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative. The role is varied and will involve both analytical input as well as contact with a wider range of internal and external contacts, at all levels. The team has a high profile within the business and within the asset management industry.
- Working as part of a team supporting more experienced analysts and researchers in all aspects of Mercer manager research investments' work. Providing high level analytical support on a wide variety of products, markets and managers.
- Providing support to the research team in meeting the needs of clients - including analytics, strategic research etc.
- Carry out other ad hoc analytical/research work as directed by research team, including the performance monitoring of managers.
- Co-ordinating work for one or more of the Rating Reviews Committees and ensuring integrity of ratings details on GIMD.
- Preparation and maintenance of manager research schedules and co-ordination of client commissioned research.
- Contributing to the wider research process and proactively offering contributions and ideas to manager research team.
- Dealing with routine queries from investment managers/consultants as appropriate.
- Support in marketing/new business initiatives.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency in Excel
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Interest in pursuing a Certified Financial Analyst designation or MBA degree
- Self-motivation and an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities, and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture
- Eagerness to learn and keep up to date with the investment industry and market conditions
- Attendance at some manager research meetings and/or external conferences, in a support capacity
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top