Entry Level- Insurance Specialist I (not a call center)
Are you looking to build a career and grow within a large Fortune 500 Company? Do you enjoy working with clients and colleagues to deliver outstanding customer service? Do you have basic computer knowledge with Microsoft based products? Are you known for your attention to detail andfeel confident reviewing and proofreading important documents? TheInsurance OperationsSpecialist I role may be for you! The Insurance Operations I role is responsible for providing Marsh's clients with Certificates of Insurance, which is a critical role as clients require timely and accurate certificates in order to conduct business. Please learn more about the role from one our colleagues below!
Hello. I'm Gabriella, anInsurance Operations Specialist here at Marsh working out of our Austin Service Center.
Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. As an Operations Specialist
I prepare insurance documents (commonly known as Certificates of Insurance) on industry standard forms for our Clients. Our Clients submit requests for these Certificates of Insurance via email; and then I am responsible for reviewing the submitted documentation, consulting insurance information, preparing and then distributing the Certificates of Insurance to the appropriate parties.
My position is primarily computer-based work using multiple applications and the Microsoft Office suite; I have dual monitors to increase efficiency. This is not a call center position as phone work is very minimal. I am always using my written and oral communication skills to correspond with other Marsh colleagues and clients . As an Operations Specialist, I am expected to meet individual productivity accuracy and meet timeline metrics.
My team genuinely likes working together but we are able to work as individual contributors. We're all different: different backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, cultures, ethnicities. But we share a commitment to each other, and many of us are involved and encouraged in company-sponsored Employee Networks and committees. The company supports us in other ways too, with benefits such as an excellent paid time off package, tuition reimbursement, career development and more.
Being an Operations Representative is challenging, but between mastering a multi-skilled
client expectations, it's never boring. And it's always rewarding.
If an Operations Specialist I role with Marsh sounds like your next challenge, please apply. And good luck!
- Are detail oriented, organized, enjoy multi-tasking and are results-oriented
- Have a sense of urgency when working
- Have 1-2 years of previous working experience.
- Able to self-manage and work independently to drive results; comfortable with ambiguity and critical decision-making
- Experience reviewing business documents and identifying relevant information to complete tasks
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Able to obtain information from multiple sources and assimilate data to prepare necessary documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and proofreading capabilities.
- Demonstrate exceptional decision-making skills
- Have basic computer knowledge with Microsoft Windows based programs.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top