Enterprise Data Architect - Big Data and AI
Location: Flexible or Work Remotely
This position is ideal for a recognized expert in Big Data (Hadoop, EMR, AWS, HortonWorks), AI, and Business Intelligence. Proven experience managing large projects in a data warehouse environment including data design, database architecture, and Metadata and Repository creation is required. You will be responsible for reviewing data warehousing blueprints; leading the evaluation of hardware and software platforms and integrating systems. This person will also coordinate the translation of business needs into long-term architecture solutions for internal applications. Use your management skills to oversee a team of 5 people.
- Design and develop application data models.
- Design and develop reference and data warehouse data models.
- Evaluate reusability of current data for separate analyses.
- Create the process for data sheering to rid the system of old, unused or duplicate data.
- Review object, data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Ensure the consistent use of enterprise reference data within the application and data warehouse data models.
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for Data Architecture vision.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata.
- Identify methods for tracking such data for quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Strategize what the best practices are in relation to Data Security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity and archiving. Ensures all strategies are in compliance with enterprise procedures and regulations.
- Select/implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Drives best practice in regards to data warehouse, business intelligence, and reporting technologies.
- Collaborate with Project Managers; address data related problems in regards to systems integration and compatibility.
- Document enterprise data architecture and environments in order to maintain a current and accurate view of global data landscape.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- At least 10 years of Big Data Architecture (data and technology)
- Solid background in data modeling and analytics
- Data Science background is a plus
- Solid experience in Micro Services, Docker, JAVA, CRM, MDM
- Proven experience managing at least 5 people
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top