Employee Benefits Assistant Account Manager, Large Group (1837CMMA)
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Greenville, SC
Benefits Assistant Account Manager
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
Provide primary administrative assistance and support to the VP Client Service, Large Group Account Managers, and Brokers. Significant duties include assistance in providing client support, RFPs and proposals, and agency management system data entry.
• Provides administrative support to Account Managers, Sales Producers and Clients.
• Assists with preparation of prospect packages and internal/external communications such as reports and presentations.
• Assists with the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
• Creates benefit enrollment guides and coordinates packet assembly.
• Creates PowerPoint presentations for enrollment meetings.
• Assists in marketing of accounts including, preparing applications, reviewing and submitting applications to carriers and following up on submitted documentation.
• Prepares documents for monthly and quarterly client meetings.
• Updates and maintains agency management systems and documentation.
• Tracks monthly reports from carriers and distributes as necessary.
• Requests Schedule A's and follows up to ensure they are received timely.
Qualifications• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong oral and written communication essential.
• Must have strong relationship building skills and be customer focused.
• Exceptional time management and organization skills.
• Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment essential.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent career experience required.
• Current Life and Health licensure or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
• Three (3) years prior experience in employee benefits, insurance, underwriting or a combination of experience. Strong understanding of various funding vehicles available to large employers (self-funding, minimum premium, etc.) and ACA reporting preferred.
• Travel to various office and client locations may be required. Must have valid transportation.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top