Employee Benefits Account Manager Select Business Unit
As a division of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the largest and most successful insurance broker in the world, J.W. Terrill a Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) offers inspired strategies and new solutions as a single source provider of insurance, financial services, employee benefits and related consulting here in the United States and across the globe. We are currently seeing an experienced Account Manager for our Employee Benefits Department in our Select Business Unit.
The Essential Functions of this role are as follows:
- Assist Consultant and/or Account Executive with development of renewal and marketing strategy.
- Coordinate marketing projects by gathering required employee and plan documentation such as census data, experience data, current and proposed plan design information.
- Analyze and compare carrier quotes; support negotiation of rates by the Consultant and/or Account Executive; coordinate preparation and delivery of renewal / marketing presentation.
- Manage renewal timeline to ensure timely execution of client decisions.
- Coordinate with client and carriers to ensure timely and efficient renewal and/or implementation of employee coverage.
- Coordinate development of employee communication strategy and preparation of communication materials.
- Coordinate and lead employee meetings as needed; preparing accurate information for employee meetings and providing timely delivery of such information; presenting benefits information to clients' employees in a professional manner - including all lines of coverage and services provided; Coordinating with client in scheduling employee meetings to ensure participation from insurance carriers or other vendors as needed.
- Review client contracts and policies for accuracy.
- Support Consultants as needed with new business presentations.
- Support Consultants with identification of additional business opportunities within current book of business.
- Obtain and maintain current benefit plan documentation for all client lines of coverage.
- Prepare and submit internal client documentation adhering to current Process and Procedure requirements.
- Maintain professional ethics according to insurance industry standards, J.W. Terrill standards and licensing laws in the state of Missouri.
- Performance of duties may require travel to client locations.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
3-5 years' experience in the welfare benefits plan industry working for an employer, insurer/administrator, consultant, or broker.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference, and we are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition interested in joining our client-focused teams. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including: medical/Rx, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, life & ad&d, short-term and long-term disability benefits,401k, employee stock purchase program and an employee assistance program.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top