Employee Benefits Account Assistant - MMA Midwest - Dayton, Ohio
SUMMARY: The Account Assistant supports Benefit Account Managers with the quoting and proposal process, along with administrative functions of assigned benefits accounts, following agency and carrier guidelines. Also, assists Benefits Group personnel and clients with terminations and enrollments through the clients' own website or the insurance carriers' websites. Frequent contact with Benefits Group personnel and carrier representatives, along with the handling of enrollment updates through data entry.
- Compiles and sends the RFP to carriers to obtain quotes
- Collects and ensures the accuracy of received quotes
- Prepares the proposal documents for client meetings (print and bound)
- Works directly with Producers, Carrier Representative, Clients, Service Team, and other departments to maintain current information in the agency management system
- Uses appropriate documentation method with the Client Management System (CMS) for all client related activity. Also reduces/revises activity codes while utilizing them.
- Updates Master Plans for selected carriers
- Maintains and revises carrier contact list, as well as carrier website log-in information.
- Develops and follows external (carrier) enrollment handling procedures, both client and carrier specific, while introducing these procedures to our Staff and Clients whenever necessary
- Enters enrollments, terminations, and change requests into electronic enrollment software system when available and/or sends the information to the specific carrier
- Follows up with each specific carrier until the enrollment and/or termination is completed correctly and successfully and documents each activity in Brokerage Builder
- Responds to customer requests via phone, email, or fax, in a timely and accurate manner via the appropriate means of communication, realizing our clients favored method of correspondence
- Escalates client issues or advises the Producer and/or Account Manager on client concerns as appropriate
- May assist in the development of RFP for new clients, Health Care Reform, wellness organization, proof reading, creating binders, as well as other assigned special projects.
- Filing, faxing, copying, binding
- Assists with back-up to other positions as needed, including but not limited to, other Account Assistants, Account Managers, Programs Specialist, and Enrollment positions
- Learns basics of Health Care Reform by attending webinars and meetings where topics on Health Care Reform and other Insurance Legislations are discussed. Reads delivered documents and other breaking news on issues to stay updated
- Attends meetings with Insurance Carriers to learn about changes, updates, new products, new representatives, etc.
- Register and pass Life and Health Insurance exam. Participates in continuing education to maintain Health and Life license
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top