Employee Advocate (Temporary), Call Center - Trion Group, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC.
As a team member of the Call Center, the Employee Advocate (EA) is responsible for the direct communications with our clients' employee population. The EA works in partnership with other members of the Benefits Administration team to ensure that client expectations are met in the area of verbal and written responses and customer support. Specifically, the EA provides support to our clients' employees through inbound and outbound calls, composing and responding to email, and returning voicemail. In addition, the EA provides support through projects for the Benefits Administration teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude, but are not limited, to the following:
- Responsible for answering inbound/outbound calls related to Health & Welfare approximately 85% of the work day;
- Follow-up on calls that need additional assistance or have been escalated to Tier 2 or 3;
- Research and identify information to resolve customer inquiries by using available resources such as, but not limited to call center worker instructions, Knowledge System and other client process materials;
- Identify and escalate issues that may affect the quality of service, cause technical challenges or place clients SLA's at risk;
- Partner with internal team members to ensure that requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner;
- Route calls to the appropriate carriers as required by client specific process;
- Use sound judgment, escalate issues as needed;
- Identify, document and communicate reoccurring problems and/or trends, as appropriate;
- Participate in all client specific, Open Enrollment (OE) and on-going events and training sessions organized by the training department such as meetings, mentoring, peer feedback and Trion University;
- Participate in procedure reviews to create improved efficiencies and best practices;
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required, college degree preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year experience within a customer service or call center capacity;
- Related exposure to employee benefit plans is preferred;
- Experience within a third party administration, benefits brokerage, health and welfare consulting, health care, or insurance related industry is highly preferred;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top