Employee Advocate, Sr
The Senior Employee Advocate works in partnership with the Employee Advocate to ensure that client expectations are met in the area of verbal and written responses and customer support. Responsibilities include providing support though inbound and outbound calls, supporting projects to the client teams, providing guidance, mentoring, and training to the Employee Advocates, and serve as a leader within the Call Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Provide day to day support to the Employee Advocate with questions specific to client knowledge system, Trion Interaction Management System (TIMS), etc;
- Provide professional communication and personalized service;
- Research, identify and resolve issues;
- Provide information, clarification, education, and a delightful experience to each contact;
- Partner with internal and external team/business members to ensure that requests are handled appropriately within a timely manner;
- Use sound judgment, escalating issues as needed;
- Recognize, document and communicate reoccurring problems and/or trends;
- Remain up to date with continuous education through meetings, mentoring, peer feedback and Trion University;
- Mentor, guide, coach, and train Employee Advocates;
- Conduct monthly reviews of process and procedures creating efficiencies and best practices;
- Support daily, weekly, and monthly quality reviews of calls thru call monitoring to ensure compliance and meeting of standards;
- Perform supervisor duties in the absence of the supervisor;
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required, college degree preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience within a customer service or call center capacity in a leadership role;
- Proven experience in a mentoring/senior/lead capacity within a customer service/call center environment;
- Experience within a third party administration, benefits brokerage, health and welfare consulting, health care, or insurance related industry is highly preferred;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skills in coaching, mentoring, teambuilding and motivating others;
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; professional phone etiquette and pleasant phone manner;
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
- Must be an advocate of change;
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards;
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and maintain positive relationships with client contacts;
- Proficiency in use of PC such as keyboard skills and electronic folder/file organization and management;
- Aptitude for learning internal systems, applications and internal work flow of the department;
- Must be able to effectively interact with people at all levels inside and outside of the company;
- Able to accommodate flexible schedule including overtime in peak periods.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion's King of Prussia, PA office, or at various customer/Trion locations as required.
Back to top