Director, Careers Technology
The purpose of this position is to actively manage the Careers business technology portfolio by designing, implementing and overseeing the execution of key technology projects related to launching, enhancing and supporting Careers products.
The Careers business is a strategic driver of growth for Mercer and this is a critical role. Primary responsibilities will include understanding business priorities, technology products and underlying systems, guiding technology development efforts and implementations, leading technology steering committee sessions with business stakeholders. This position will report to the CIO, Careers and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to drive technology adoption and deliver differentiated game changing customer experiences.
- Establish a technology strategy with a implementation roadmap to deliver Careers business objectives and innovation goals
- Provides thought leadership and direction to evolve the business and create business value through innovative use of technology. This includes enabling the digitization of business processes and delivering products and services to business users and customers that drive compelling customer experiences
- Deliver state of the art technology solutions to support existing Careers products as well as create new technology supported value propositions
- Leads a global technical product and operations team for existing and new solutions. Rationalizing technology portfolio to balance legacy, innovation initiatives
- Define technology value in everything we do; make technology strategic for the business as we move to this interconnected world and digital landscape
- Leads, monitors, and contributes to agile technology projects, which may be highly complex and involve creation and oversight of multi-disciplinary teams
- Lead steering committee sessions with LOB leaders, address escalations on business products by LOB leaders and business product managers
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product owners, development teams, finance to define / analyze investments, KPIs and provide recommendations to business leaders
- Evolve data and analytics for insights and real-time insights to inform new imperatives and business decisions
- Review M&A opportunities, guide technology due diligence efforts, shape recommendations for Corp development
- Champion a team culture of innovation and delivery consistent with Mercer's mission, operating imperatives, and PRIIDE values
- Lead, manage, inspire and motivate high performance for direct reports and across the organization. Attract, develop, and engage all levels of talent
- Establish a People strategy to align with the business and technology goals
- Evolve a traditional technology team to an agile high performing product delivery team; Grow Agile skills and coach teams on leveraging methodologies
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top