Director, Business Insurance
- Greenville, SC
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Greenville, SC
Director, Business Insurance (314-19)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Supports the Division Manager to achieve Division goals and performs at a highly proficient level to achieve the quality standards developed by the agency.
- Collaborates regularly with the Division Manager to support and achieve goals set forth for the Division.
- Performs the duties of Commercial Account Executive but only to the extent of the accounts directly assigned. Assigned accounts will be limited with a goal of three to five files being assigned within the first 12 months.
- Works closely with and supports Vice President, Business Insurance and Private Client on work flows, operational strategy and the performance of the Commercial Team.
- Works with Producers and Commercial Service Teams on program structures, carrier placement strategies, resource identification and technical coverage issues.
- Works closely with Producers in respect to the marketing of accounts, including finding appropriate markets for coverage and when necessary negotiating pricing and placement of such coverage.
- Works with Producers as needed on new business, renewals, Requests for Proposal, calls, meetings with clients, and discussions of strategy.
- Promotes communication with the office as a whole, regarding carriers, coverages, resources and program structure.
- Serves as a technical resource for service teams and Producers/AE/CAMS.
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with clients, carriers and team members in the office, regionally, and nationally within MMA.
- Produces monthly notice to the entire BI division on carrier updates relating to appetite, capacity, team changes, new products, and any additional information that may be pertinent in the placement of new and existing business.
- Works with VP, Business Insurance to streamline or improve upon agency operating practices.
- Coordinates carrier visits, monitors and tracks production volumes, manages information about carrier appetites, programs and personnel and shares this information with colleagues regularly.
- Work in coordination with Regional leadership to rollout new carrier relationships, expand existing carrier relationships, grow MMA internal resources, and other projects as assigned.
- Is an active participant in MMA's Commercial Insurance Managers calls and meetings and shares information about resource and solutions with colleagues.
- Performs various administrative and other duties as directed by the Division Manager.
- Communicates consistently and interacts with all levels of management, colleagues, carriers and clients.
- Is a positive and professional role model for team members. Capable of interpreting, organizing, and applying abstract information.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed, to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and perform in a dynamic, fast pace environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of expertise in coverages, underwriting, rating and risk analysis as well as markets and contracts and communicate this information to other team members. Personal commitment to develop insurance knowledge and risk management skills. Sound knowledge of agency automation system and commercial workflows.
- Ability to c ommunicate and interact with all levels of management, employees, carriers and clients - Strong interpersonal leadership skills and the ability to develop and mentor employees.
- Possesses ability to deal with conflict and resolve problems; takes initiative; solution focused and a change agent for the organization. Presents a positive and professional role model.
Must be a self-starter, well organized and possess good business communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must possess some sales aptitude and strong interpersonal leadership skills.
- Communicates and interacts with all levels of management, colleagues, carriers and clients.
- Is a positive and professional role model for team members.
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years' experience in an agency, brokerage or carrier environment and demonstrated knowledge of Commercial Lines coverages and insurance markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and ability to quickly learn agency management software. Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook for written communication as well as maintain and respond to calendar, appointment and meeting invitations.
- Property and Casualty License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Occasional travel in Upstate SC Area; infrequent overnight travel may be required.
Back to top