Digital Marketing Specialist
- Urbandale, IA
The purpose of this position is to support all aspects of digital marketing with an emphasis on strategic digital marketing. This role will work with a dynamic team on a wide range of digital marketing functions including tactic development, content marketing and syndication, social media planning and posting, copy review, website creation and SEO optimization, landing page design and optimization, e-mail marketing (content and deployment), graphics creation and review, and project management as directed by the digital marketing leader.
The ideal candidate for this this role is a creative thinker with experience in a wide range of digital marketing projects who is excited to continue to learn and explore new digital content tools and trends.
Candidate must be able to consult across the organization to deliver flawless execution of digital marketing projects, identifies and may make recommendations for solutions to deliver upon digital and business strategies.
- Works with internal and external resources to ensure assigned projects are completed accurately, on-time and within budget.
- Assists in the development of client digital campaigns, including content development, website maintenance (desktop and mobile), search engine optimization, and social media.
- Assists with email development and deployments.
- Works with both internal and external resources to develop content, graphics, imagery, brand guidelines, etc. for a number of different clients and projects.
- Assists with the management and implementation of digital marketing initiatives.
- Supports the trafficking of digital projects through the implementation pipeline.
- Assists with consulting business leaders and peers to produce outcomes aligned with business needs and goals.
- Works with business leaders and functional business partners to find solutions that support business goals and objectives in an efficient and timely manner.
- Monitors digital asset activity and may help to recommend changes to optimize business results.
- Skilled in or ability to learn the nuances of Digital Marketing Analytics software and implement appropriately across various digital assets.
- Contributes to development and production of digital dashboards and reporting mechanisms evaluating success of digital marketing programs and business initiatives.
- Four year college degree in marketing or related field
- At least 2 years of digital marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience in B2C and B2B digital marketing activities which may include search engine marketing (SEO and PPC), permissions-based e-mail marketing, social media, banner advertising, wire framing, content syndication and affiliate marketing. Direct experience in financial or insurance marketing is desirable.
- Direct experience with Google Analytics is desirable.
- Experienced using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver with the ability to become proficient in proprietary content management tools.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills to effectively consult across functional business units to present new concepts and deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects with disparate timelines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external resources, vendors, and clients.
- Proven interpersonal skills to allow for collaborative work effort and accomplishment of organizational priorities in a team environment.
- Competencies include:
- Communicating with Impact
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top