Digital Content Editor/Writer
Digital Content Editor/Writer
The Digital Content Editor/Writer will lead the content strategy for Mercer.com and deliver engaging content for publication and distribution across a wide range of digital channels. As a member of the Global Marketing team, the editor will collaborate with Marketing Leaders, Business Partners and Data & Analytics Teams to gather audience, competitive and best practice information to inform the content strategy. The editor will act as a proxy for the reader and ensure our content offers the reader real value in return for their time. This candidate will have the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and develop ideas into a compelling and engaging piece of content.
The right candidate will consistently bring fresh, new on-brand ideas to the Mercer marketing team on how copy can help define the brand perception and affinity of Mercer, engage prospects to lead capture and support business objectives. They will be enthusiastic and collaborative, as well as able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must execute effectively against multiple projects and deadlines and demonstrate an ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Define and craft the content strategy for Mercer.com
- Lead the development of original, engaging content for clients and prospects.
- Write and edit copy that is personable, engaging, and on-brand driving engaging customer experiences
- Be an expert in storytelling and leverage Mercer research and intellectual property to create new dynamic content
- Help improve our content creation and content marketing best practices
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar for content creation and targeted distribution
- Plan and execute a program of content segmentation and personalization, updating and repurposing to maximize content impact and to drive the business forward
- MFA or BA/BS degree in LSA, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in copywriting and/or editorial marketing content for digital platforms and experiences.
- Strong familiarity with user-centered design and agile content creation principles
- Proven ability to understand complex information and translate it into effective copy
- Experience working from content strategy to creating specific content for digital channels
- Familiarity with digital content management systems and best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires quick adjustments and re-calibration of priorities when business needs change
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh ,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions ; Guy Carpenter , which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities ; and Oliver Wyman , which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients . For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top