As a member of the DevOps Team you will be working with a Team of Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Business Analysts to perform the day-to-day management of the servers that host our custom-built website, as well as perform the code deployments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Management of Development Environment hosted in the AWS Cloud.
- Management of the QA, Staging and Production Environments in our Corporate Data Centers.
- Platform patching to ensure software such as the JRE, MySQL, Node.js, RabbitMQ, WSO2 are all up to date with the latest security and code patches.
- Code Management and Deployments in support of Application bug fixes and Feature Enhancements.
- Troubleshooting server and performance issues.
- Web Server management using platforms like Apache and Tomcat.
- Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- RHEL patching and upgrades.
- Maintaining the Ansible scripts used in our IAC process.
- Capacity planning.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Math or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated Server and Code Management experience on software development projects, or other related experience;
- Experience in documenting server and network configurations;
- Experience in working collaboratively with team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive Linux knowledge and experience including performance tuning and security.
- Strong understanding and experience in CD/CI tools like Jenkins.
- Strong understanding and experience in IAC using Ansible or similar tools like Puppet or Chef.
- Strong understanding and experience in source code management tools like GIT/GITLAB and workflows.
- Strong understanding and experience in AWS cloud platform and services like EC2, VPC, Route 53, Network ACLs, Security Groups, etc.
- Knowledge of OWASP Security concepts.
- Strong understanding of network and protocols.
- Ability to understand and write scripts in bash and Python.
- Familiarity with Load Balancers such as BigIP's F5.
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Must be proactive and results-driven;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to develop creative ideas and think "outside the box" while retaining focus on the overall organizational objectives;
- Ability to accurately assess individual situations and draw on prior knowledge, experience and problem solving skills to develop successful solutions.
- Must be able to simultaneously and successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects of various complexity and meet deadlines;
- Aptitude for learning internal systems, applications and internal work flow of the department;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member in a fast paced environment;
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), knowledge of Jira and Confluence a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion's King of Prussia, PA office, or at various customer/Trion locations as required.
Back to top