Development Manager - Customer Response
- Overland Park, KS
The Development Manager is responsible for the following:
- Handles application development from development to execution.
- Gathers functional requirements, works with subject matter experts to understand objectives and translates them into a set of requirements.
- Validates the requirements with the business, and translates them into technical specifications for the developers, ensuring the end result is accepted by internal clients.
- Directs work of the development team; drives all development activities; influences the technology decisions for moderately complex products.
- Approves and accepts the deliverables released by development teams; Ensures timeliness and adherence to agreed deliverables; Provides direction for ongoing maintenance and support of existing tools; Oversees support processes carried out by off-site teams by ensuring the allocation of proper resources and educating support teams as needed.
- Communicates with business leaders and members of the IT team.
- Supervises team members (may include offshore teams) and the development team members; Trains new staff members to provide support.
- Development background in Microsoft c#, Sequel
- Understanding of Agile Methodology
- Supervisory experience
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience in banking, insurance, financial services
Torrent Technologies was founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions that interface with WYO insurers and the NFIP, including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent's continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com
Back to top