Desktop Support Analyst
As a Desktop Support Analyst at Marsh & McLennan Companies, you will be responsible to provide support to end users across multiple operating companies by installing and assisting with the operation of their workstations, business applications, and related equipment. The successful candidate may manage staff performance and quality of service provided.
- Performs installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of desktop technology hardware and software
- Assists in the setup and operation of audio visual hardware as required by end user
- Determines appropriate hardware and software based on corporate policy and end user requirements
- Responds to incidents within SLA or within a timely manner with appropriate level of urgency, and follows up with customers on all issues
- Escalates incidents and questions to appropriate support groups
- Disconnects, moves and reconnects desktop technology hardware for single user, multi-user and office moves
- May assist in administration and maintenance of technology infrastructure components
- May assist in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of office telephony system
- Uses corporate incident management system to record and track all support work
- Maintains accurate hardware and software records for corporate assets
- Performs time tracking tasks as required
- May assist with the procurement of hardware and software
- Supports team's abilities and functions through positive customer relations
- Contributes to the improvement and enhancement of processes and procedures
- Associates degree in a technology related discipline;
- OR a combination of work experience, education and training equivalent to a two-year college degree in a technology related discipline
- Minimum of one year related work experience; two years preferred
- Knowledge of company desktop operating systems and software
- Knowledge of standard computer hardware
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize one's own activities
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communication
- A+ certification preferred
- Microsoft or other certifications desired (i.e. MSCDT, MCP, MCSE)
- Ability to work in a typical office environment
- Ability to lift and move desktop and other related hardware
- Frequent, local travel may be required depending on location
- Occasional, distant travel may be required
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Gains additional knowledge and stays abreast of current technologies through employee and company sponsored training, periodicals, and regular interaction with other team
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top