Desktop Support Analyst
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team!
As a Desktop Support Analyst in the Distributed Operation Department of Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate, you will be responsible to provide support to end users across multiple operating companies by installing and assisting with the operation of their workstations, business applications, and related equipment. The successful candidate may manage staff performance and quality of service provided.
- Performs installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of desktop technology hardware and software
- Assists in the setup and operation of audio visual hardware as required by end user
- Determines appropriate hardware and software based on corporate policy and end user requirements
- Responds to incidents within SLA or within a timely manner with appropriate level of urgency, and follows up with customers on all issues
- Escalates incidents and questions to appropriate support groups
- Disconnects, moves and reconnects desktop technology hardware for single user, multi-user and office moves
- May assist in administration and maintenance of technology infrastructure components
- May assist in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of office telephony system
- Uses corporate incident management system to record and track all support work
- Maintains accurate hardware and software records for corporate assets
- Performs time tracking tasks as required
- May assist with the procurement of hardware and software
- Supports team's abilities and functions through positive customer relations
- Contributes to the improvement and enhancement of processes and procedures
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top