Data Center Analyst
The position is for a developing technical and professional contributor within MGTI's Data Center Operations department. The individual will work under moderate supervision while simultaneously being engaged in team video and online chats. The role of the Data Center Analyst is to primarily support and administer daily operations, which includes the monitoring of numerous production and development systems and related peripherals. Some examples are: servers, services, applications, websites, UPS devices, storage, tape drives, backups, email environments, databases, Autosys jobs, file transfers. The analyst is also responsible for trouble-shooting and triaging incidents in line with defined and published processes and procedures. The individual will be responsible for analyzing and improving the functions and capabilities of the monitoring platforms to identify and report on areas where improvements can be implemented, either through a process modification, elimination or automation.
- Monitor, triage, escalate and document issues captured on monitoring systems (or informed otherwise) , utilizing defined Knowledge Base procedural articles.
- Manage the outstanding Incident and Change Order queues.
- Communicate major issues to peers and managers in a timely and professional manner. Document trouble-shooting steps taken and resolvers contacted.
- Process changes as assigned that may include server and website suppressions, server patching, server decomms, server provisionings, vendor changes, server shutdowns, server startups, file transfer setups. Join any related ZOOM calls on major changes in progress (if assigned).
- Engage management levels to recommend process improvements, suggesting modifications, automation candidates, task eliminations.
- Perform health checks to servers when assigned or in relation to an ongoing Change Order or Incident.
- Assist other MGTI teams and colleagues with onboarding new tools, systems and applications.
- Participate in any assigned Disaster Recovery Tests where escalation assistance may be required.
- Foster relationships across the team, being diverse and focusing on always improving communications with all colleagues, including those at other locations.
- Ensure all IDS and passwords to systems are kept updated and compliant with MGTI regulations.
- Using the AUTOSYS GUI, monitor distributed batch box and related job failures and max run events, t-shooting and/or escalating per documentation.
- Utilize reports to identify repeat failure offenders. Communicate findings to management and other appropriate teams.
- Attend meetings as assigned that may include shift turnovers, town halls, training sessions, 1/1 sessions with managers, major incident conference calls, etc
- Assign time to utilize MGTI's training sites to improve skills and knowledge. Engage manager for suggestions. Track progress and document on self-appraisals.
- Additional tasks may be assigned such as departmental projects, report compilations, historical incident reviews, shift and global turnover reports, and major incident timeline creations.
- Must be able to work overnight shifts
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top