Data & Analytics Technology Leader
The purpose of this position is to shape the data and analytics vision for Mercer and its Careers, Health and Wealth businesses, designing, implementing and overseeing the execution of key technology products related to data collection, integration and insight generation.
Primary responsibilities for setting Mercer's integrated business intelligence, data strategy, and its execution across Mercer's products and technology application portfolio, in alignment with business and technology leadership. It will involve gaining deep understanding of business priorities, technology products, underlying application and current data models.
This position will report to the Mercer CIO, be a member of Mercer's Technology Leadership Team, work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to optimize technology delivery along five dimensions - drive enterprise wide focus enabling business outcomes, technology centric - ensure we have a blueprint and our data technologies work together, a strategic architectural vision - focusing on emerging technologies and evolving business capabilities, data & analytics - data unification to power analytics & robotics and innovation - incubating and enabling new business models/value propositions. Driving data adoption best practices and deliver differentiated game changing insights for our customers and colleagues is critical.
Shaping Mercer Data & Analytic Technology Strategy
- Shape Mercer's integrated Big Data and unification strategy across businesses, partnering with the business and technology leadership, creating a distinctive competitive advantage over our competition
- Provides thought leadership and direction to evolve the business and create business value through innovative use of data and analytics. This includes bringing in new sources of data, shaping new data centric products and offerings, developing integrated insights across businesses
- Ensure that business product vision is brought to life and enhanced with compelling data and insights
- Promoting best practices and innovation regarding the use of data and information across Mercer's GBS and Mercer Services teams, leveraging the client and product expertise residing within the business
- Guiding Big data usage, Robotics and Cognitive Technology strategy, architecture and roadmap
Guiding Execution across Businesses
- Develop implementation roadmap to deliver on Line of Business (LoB) objectives, enterprise architecture, data strategy and innovation goals.
- Deliver state of the technology solutions to support collection, cleansing, integration of data for existing client products and solutions, as well as embrace new technology to further Mercer's data vision
- Guide and direct the creation of an enhanced data model to scale as business offerings expand with reference to volume, variety, velocity of data. Foster automation and self-serving while ensuring single source of truth
- Rationalize current data structures to a scalable data model with new sources, increased flexibility and ease of integration
- Shape the analytics sandbox, its management and operation, including day-to-day technology and operations of the Data and Analytics teams
- Guide Data Management practices including Preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration, quality), Warehousing and Governance (access requests, metadata maintenance and monitoring) Shape advanced / predictive analytics and data sciences capabilities
Management and People leadership
- Evolve a traditional analytics team to an agile, advanced analytics high performing insights delivery team
- Co-Lead data and analytics technology steering committee sessions with LOB leaders and technology leaders, address escalations on business products by LOB leaders and business product managers
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product owners, development teams, finance to define / analyze investments, KPIs and provide recommendations on analytics investments to business leaders
- Establish a People strategy to align with the Data & Analytics, business and technology goals
- Champion a team culture of innovation and delivery consistent with Mercer's mission, operating imperatives, and PRIIDE values
- Lead, manage, inspire and motivate high performance for direct reports and across the organization. Attract, develop, and engage all levels of talent
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top