Data & Analytics Engineer
- Phoenix, AZ
Data & Analytics Engineer
Excited about an opportunity that combines data exploration, data analytics, data modeling and visualization? Want to be a data geek, data guru or a full stack data engineer?
Do you enjoyapplying data science and predictive modeling techniques to create endless opportunity streams for our clients?
Look no further, Marsh Digital offers an incredible opportunity to be at the forefront of transforming the insurance industry. We are agile, creative, and empowered to shape the future of Marsh and the industry as a whole. If you are a self-starter and looking for an opportunity to be part of an exciting team with a mission to disrupt and deliver innovative products, this is for you!
- Discover, explore, analyze and visualize data to create actionable insights to our clients and partners
- Develop, maintain, and enhance analytical solutions to meet the needs of our clients and internal business users
- Perform statistical analysis and data manipulation to transform complex data into actionable insights.
- Visualize data for concise, clear delivery of highly relevant insights
- Designs dashboards and tools to allow users to consume and interact with data.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to a broad range of business partners
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques, apply quantitative approach to analyzing data
- Gather requirements, analyze, design, build scripts and queries using SQL/Python/Hive/Spark etc
- Translate business questions into clear and solvable data problems
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing and profiling data verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Verify correctness and completeness of data model, data relationships, mappings, and reports
- Collaborates with internal customers, analysts, developers, data scientists, and database administrators.
- Implements machine learning solutions using Python.
- Ensures security and integrity across all data.
- Build and maintain the analytics layer to make data standardized and easily consumable
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Oversee the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs of moderate complexity
- Ensure prototypes meet the organization standards to allow transfer to production, if applicable
- Collaborate with users, developers, designers, marketing, and business stakeholders
Qualifications / Technical Skills
- Bachelor's or Masters' degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Operational Research, Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in building self-service BI and Data Visualization on Big Data. Proficiency with BI & Analytical tools (Tableau, Oracle, Power BI, Microstrategy, Qlik, etc).
- Experience in building large enterprise data platforms / DWH/ data marts for BI, Analytics and Reporting (Oracle, Teradata, DB2etc).
- Experience with both SQL and NoSql DB
- Preferred Experience with NoSQL database (Hive, HBase, ElasticSearch, etc preferred).
- Strong industry expertise, networking and awareness of trends across Data/Analytics (Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI, Robotic Process Automation).
- Knowledge and expertise in Python and other Big data technologies like Spark, Hive, Presto etc.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS services - S3, EC2, EMR, Lambda Functions and Step Functions.
- Proficient writing Spark jobs in Python and Scala
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Experience with test-driven development
- Exposure to CI/CD processes using Maven and Jenkins, familiarity with GIT.
- Exposure to Scrum Agile framework
- Preferred experience in core Java technologies (Java 1.8, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Java EE fundamentals, Hibernate/any Object relation mappers, Oracle/MySQL etc )
Leadership Competencies & Soft Skills
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
- Customer First: Serving and building enduring value added relationship with internal and external customers.
- Results Oriented: Transforms business outcomes and significantly improves business results.
- Change Leadership: Change agent with communication and influencing skills across various levels of stakeholders including senior executives of the company.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Collaboration and Influence: Demonstrated humility, collaboration, and servant leadership, combined with optimism, and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top