Cyber Insurance Assistant
- Washington, DC
This position supports the core brokerage process to ensure that the information and communication flow between Marsh, carriers and clients is timely and consistent from submission to policy issuance. This role requires in-depth insurance knowledge in order to handle carrier documents, including quotes, binders, and policies. This includes activities for both pre and post bind such as document generation to support placement billing, certificate production, and policy reviewing. This role would also work on multi-layered requests as per the complexity of the placement.
Core Responsibilities: Support responsibilities for a team of Cyber Center of Excellence (CoE) brokers
Ensure timely & accurate processing of:
- Assist with core brokerage operations and tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Sending submissions and requesting renewal solicitation from client
- Renewal process
- Internal and external presentations
- Policy issuance and endorsement checking, including coordination of various policies for all layers of a placement
- Surplus Lines compliance
- Maintaining broker account lists
- Invoicing, including billing questions and issues
- Working with internal teams to develop premium finance options for clients
- Correspondence to/from internal client teams
- Maintain electronic client files; including filing in appropriate systems for benchmarking analytics, compliance, transparency and disclosure, and otherwise
- Client and carrier documentation
- Computer system records, data, and files
- Current and outstanding documentation follow ups
- Miscellaneous correspondence
Customer Awareness and Focus
- Maintain a basic technical understanding of all major classes of Insurance and specialist services that the Company offers to its customers
- Maintain a basic understanding of the core aspects of relevant Insurance and related legislation
- Basic understanding of insurance business
- Adhere strictly to the company's quality practices and other systems and procedures, professional standards, Greater Good
- Comply fully with the Company's Errors and Omissions avoidance policy
- Comply with company policy for continuous professional development
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 1 year of professional work experience/internship
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency
- 3 years of similar experience
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top