Customer Service Representative I
The purpose of this position is to support existing policyholders through answering telephone calls, responding to inquiries, fulfilling customer requests, and performing required administrative functions.
- This position answers general questions and requires basic knowledge of position.
- Answers calls, performs research, processes customer requests, documents as appropriate, and responds both verbally and through writing. May also make outbound calls.
- Asks appropriate questions and serves as a resource of information when attempting to retain existing business.
- Enters all information related to the call for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Develops relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Elevates reoccurring issues to management.
- This position requires offering products to members, on every eligible call, that they qualify for because they are a member of an association.
• High school diploma required and college degree preferred.
• Customer service or sales experience preferred 0-2 years customer service experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks.
• Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
• Above average problem solving skills to resolve customer service issues.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
• Appropriate license must be obtained if necessary for position.
• Core competencies include:
- Communicating with Impact
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top