Coordinator - Claims Service ICAT
The Claims Assistant provides a full range of claims support and customer service for all of Boulder Claim's operations. The Claims Assistant is responsible for entering new claims, processing claims, providing a free flow of business-critical information including research, reports and project management support. The Claims Assistant will also provide a full range of administrative and clerical support to all company personnel. The Claims Assistant will comply with all claims policy and procedural requirements. The Claims Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all personnel, customers, vendors, and business partners.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Processes and files claims within the claims systems, including routine letters of acknowledgement, status and denial.
- Enters new claims in the claim system.
- Processes claim payments.
- Reconciles claims files, payments and prepares standard and summary reports.
- Prepares claim payments and billing statements. Researches and resolves claim payment discrepancies. Assembles all supporting documentation as needed.
- Reconciles claim payments and supports the preparation of standard and ad hoc management reports through information verification, proofreading, assembly and other related activities.
- Updates claim forms and procedural manuals.
- Works on other special projects as needed.
- Researches and follows up on customer complaints and inquiries.
- Provides clerical/administrative support.
- Assists in drafting Claim Department procedures and processes.
- Composes and prepares routine correspondence and presentations.
- Collects, sorts, distributes, and prioritizes correspondence, business client's requests.
- Organizes and maintains files.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and maintains calendar.
- Compiles and prepares reports.
- Support project manager including, preparation of documents, and follow-up on timelines and deliverables.
- Attend project meetings and prepare meeting minutes and action items.
- Participate on cross-functional teams
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT's company values and strategic plan.
- Sit or stand and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach.
- Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday with some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Perform general office administrative activities, including copying, filing and using the phone.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Preferred Job Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in insurance, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years claims processing experience or related insurance and/or administrative experience at a management level of corporation.
- 1-3 years accounts payable/receivable, accounting and/or finance experience.
- Need to have intermediate/advanced excel skills.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
Back to top