Contract Review Consultant (1717CMMA)
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Richmond, VA
Contract Review Consultant
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
• Provides client teams with review of client contracts from a risk management and insurance perspective.
• Recommends modifications to clients' contract terms to assist client teams in ensuring that the liability provisions are in conformity with the client's insurance program.
• Reviews contract provisions and makes recommendations to client teams as to needed modifications to contract and/or insurance program.
• Provides advice and education on the interpretation of insurance and liability provisions.
• Assists Claims Department on higher level coverage analysis and claim advocacy as needed.
• Participates in client meetings to support contract review and claims analysis.
• Develops and administers contract review process; creates and maintains data base of preferred contractual wording specific to clients.
• Stays current on legal developments in the insurance/risk management industry and communicates with management and staff as appropriate.
• Provides assistance to other employees and performs various administrative and other duties as needed.
Qualifications• Promotes quality service through teamwork, respectful communication, maintenance of a professional environment, partnership with customers, and by anticipation and servicing of customer needs.
• Interacts with high level clientele and members of the organization in a positive professional manner.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple client teams.
• Ability to interact with internal and external clients by demonstrating basic knowledge of the client's business needs, assessing their needs, instilling confidence, resolving issues, following through on commitments and deadlines, and tapping all available resources in order to meet the client's needs.
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, client focused, team environment
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Paralegal certificate, Associate's Degree, or equivalent career experience required.
• P & C and/or Life & Health Insurance License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
• 5 - 7 years' experience in Property & Casualty brokerage environment and/or legal experience working on insurance cases and contracts required. Paralegal experience preferred.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top