Contract Associate (Reinsurance) - Seattle or Philadelphia
Responsible for the creation, distribution and maintenance of contract documentation for assigned clients' business. Provide guidance to clients, brokers and CSS colleagues based on technical expertise and the application of reinsurance contract provisions. Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced colleagues in reinsurance contract drafting and associated coverage interpretation and application.
Under partial or minimal supervision, perform all or some of the following core job functions:
- Management of client base for all aspects of reinsurance contracts.
- Interpret and assess contracts and perform quality assurance review to ensure contract wording reflects intent of reinsurance negotiations.
- Provide technical guidance to Colleagues, Brokers and Clients as appropriate, regarding reinsurance concepts and contract language application, including presentations with Broking to clients on their reinsurance contracts. Participate in Request for Proposal (RFP) and sales opportunities.
- Research and respond to inquires from Brokers, Clients and Markets. Input contract status data on the electronic document tracking system.
- Utilize CSS Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to manage contract performance.
- Provide input for the evolution of the operational model at all levels of the organization. Promote new process improvement ideas leveraging technology solutions.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Support team by maintaining Colleagues' workloads in their absence.
- Take ownership of personal development and seek training where required. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Four Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of contract law, contract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles, basic regulatory controls and general business trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role within reinsurance, insurance or legal environment; preferably in insurance or reinsurance contracts
- Reinsurance experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions to problems efficiently. Ability to make sound judgments independently while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of Management.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top