Contract Analyst (Reinsurance)--Seattle, WA
As the primary colleague accountable to Broking for contractual documentation for client accounts assigned, expected to develop and apply increasingly expanding knowledge of basic reinsurance concepts and solid language writing skills to each contract/program assigned, under regular supervision. Responsible for delivering consistently accurate and timely contract documentation to internal and external parties. Has direct responsibility for managing own workload and deadlines with Brokers and others to ensure expectations are met on assigned accounts. Performs all contract drafting and document management responsibilities for assigned accounts, all within published guidelines and with supervisory guidance as needed. Viewed as a partner to the placement process and expected to be available to support those activities when needed, as reasonable.
- Under regular supervision, perform all or some of the following core job functions:
- Management of assigned client base for all aspects of reinsurance contracts.
- Interpret and assess contracts and perform quality assurance review to ensure contract wording reflects intent of reinsurance negotiations.
- Input contract status data on the electronic document tracking system.
- Utilize CSS Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to manage contract performance.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions, appropriate to skill level; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Gain broad understanding of the environment in which the client operates and the marketplace in which the transactions that Guy Carpenter handles take place.
Compliance and Regulatory Review
- Understand all published procedures and compliance policies. When new procedures are provided, understand and adopt new procedures as rolled out, take required training and speak up with any question or concerns uncovered in your role at Guy Carpenter.
- Demonstrate understanding of and appreciation for the way in which own actions/inactions protect or subject GC to potential errors & omissions.
- Support team by maintaining Colleagues' workloads in their absence.
- Support Brokers by assisting with contract-related inquiries from Clients and/or Markets as requested and with assistance and guidance as necessary.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top