Contract Analyst - Reinsurance Services
- New York, NY
As the primary colleague accountable to Broking for contractual documentation for client accounts assigned, expected to develop and apply increasingly expanding knowledge of basic reinsurance concepts and solid language writing skills to each contract/program assigned, under regular supervision.
Responsible for delivering consistently accurate and timely contract documentation to internal and external parties. Has direct responsibility for managing own workload and deadlines with Brokers and others to ensure expectations are met on assigned accounts.
Performs all contract drafting and document management responsibilities for assigned accounts, all within published guidelines and with supervisory guidance as needed. Viewed as a partner to the placement process and expected to be available to support those activities when needed, as reasonable.
- Under regular supervision, perform all or some of the following core job functions:
- Management of assigned client base for all aspects of reinsurance contracts.
- Interpret and assess contracts and perform quality assurance review to ensure contract wording reflects intent of reinsurance negotiations.
- Input contract status data on the electronic document tracking system.
- Utilize CSS Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to manage contract performance.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions, appropriate to skill level; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Gain broad understanding of the environment in which the client operates and the marketplace in which the transactions that Guy Carpenter handles take place.
Compliance and Regulatory Review
- Understand all published procedures and compliance policies. When new procedures are provided, understand and adopt new procedures as rolled out, take required training and speak up with any question or concerns uncovered in your role at Guy Carpenter.
- Demonstrate understanding of and appreciation for the way in which own actions/inactions protect or subject GC to potential errors & omissions.
- Support team by maintaining Colleagues' workloads in their absence.
Support Brokers by assisting with contract-related inquiries from Clients and/or Markets as requested and with assistance and guidance as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree and related or transferrable experience preferred.
- Exposure to a corporate environment preferred for entry into this role; 3 years related experience in insurance/reinsurance industry desired
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of contract law, contract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles, basic regulatory controls and general business trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders, under regular supervision.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner, with guidance as needed.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions to problems efficiently. Ability to make sound judgments, with guidance as required, while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of Management.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
- Will be encouraged to begin the Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) designation.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top