The Editor will provide editorial support and content review to Mercer consultants in the creation of revenue-generating intellectual capital for Mercer consultants and clients, including analytical articles, news summaries, presentations, and podcasts. This role sets schedules and coordinates the editorial production to ensure the editorial review process is on time and completed accurately according to original plans. To fulfill this role, the Editor will:
- Generate and write original content and provide ideas and direction to clients during content development, help improve clients' writing by explaining rationale of editorial suggestions, and gain necessary approvals to move forward with decisions from clients and/or leadership.
- Conceptualize creative ideas and make recommendations based on core business objectives; lead strategic discussions to create effective and impactful marketing and communications pieces.
- Exercise quality control over contents of documents (e.g., effectiveness of the discussion - its organization, structure, clarity, accuracy of data, exhibits, exhibit and footnote references; elimination of typographical errors).
- Edit and provide useful comments and questions on colleagues' writing.
- Ensure all communications adhere to format standards and rules of style by establishing editorial standards and policies, communicate them to necessary parties, and ensure they are followed. Responsible for the structural design of the content for the publications/reports etc.
- Collaborate with designer to create and finalize publications by setting schedules and coordinating the editorial production to ensure the editorial review process is on time and completed accurately according to original plans.
- Support necessary internal teams (including lawyers, researchers, etc.) by drafting, reviewing, and approving publication blurbs for internal notification and/or external distribution.
- Manage writing/editorial team, provide leadership and development, prioritize and assign workload appropriately, conduct performance evaluations.
- May supervise two or more employees as direct reports. Has full authority for people management including: Assigning, directing, and evaluating work; hiring, disciplining and firing employees; conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions; ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
- Work with writers to build and maintain template library of self-service copy for commonly requested communications and new product and service launches to ensure quality and consistency of messaging.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top