Contact Center Operations Leader
- Urbandale, IA
The purpose of this position is to manage the successful delivery of contact center operations across all of Mercer Services in the US, including aspects of operational planning, strategy, structure, technology, budget, best practices, and resource allocation / optimization. This role will contribute to the transformation of the contact center by integrating and leveraging best in clast contact center practices to further enhance people, processes and technologies. Individual will direct the overall contact center staff in the delivery of operations and customer experience. This role will have overall accountability for multiple line of business and departmental teams including virtual teams. Collaborates with other business leaders to continuously innovate and improve overall service delivery and customer experience while driving greater efficiencies and managing risk.
- Deliver on contact center strategy covering key stakeholders needs across Mercer organization; understand and prioritize required interventions for people, processes and technology
- Review and establish operating standards designed to optimize the overall customer experience
- Develop and execute a plan to create a consistent approach for training, quality management, and SLAs / KPIs
- Responsible for achievement of all client and customer facing SLA's including regular reporting and transparency of results, gaps and remedial actions.
- Develop and implement operational plans, actions and programs in support of long-term business objectives, including channel/volume management, expense efficiency targets, and automation opportunities
Resource Allocation / Leadership
- Manages a team of leaders and provides coaching, training and development needs in an effort to identify solutions.
- Develop and manage relationships with each business/region to support; partner with them to understand their needs, enable the appropriate level of service and quality, and achieve their overall operational & service targets
- Responsible for determining staffing needs based on forecasts and reporting.
- Interaction with peers and senior management on policies and internal operations
- Understand the current level of client satisfaction regarding the overall customer service levels and statistics.
- Effectively communicate with clients to address and correct any escalated customer service concerns
- Works with Operational Effectiveness team and Business Leaders to ensure Line of Business needs are being met.
- Manages all outsourcing activity including offshoring to maximize efficiency.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in regards to employee issues.
- Assigning, directing, and evaluating work.
- Conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions
- Ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
- Provides critical input to the following people management responsibilities:
- Hiring andinput into terminating employees
- Promotion, salary and bonus actions
- Demonstrate leadership, decision-making and relationship management skills.
- Formulate and review the strategy for continuity and risk management of the entire contact center operation
- Oversees and monitors contact center productivity, efficiencies and performance to create consistencies across teams.
- Ensure there is a formal review of risk conducted with a focus on data security/data privacy; and that control measures are in place to identify & manage operational & regulatory risk, with the appropriate compensating controls in place to mitigate them
- Works to maintain high level of department morale.
- Create and share intellectual capital and suggestions from colleagues for the benefit of the clients.
- Demonstrate professionalism, including understanding of and adherence to the Mercer Code of Professional Conduct.
- Ensure all work activities comply with standards for peer review, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, errors and omissions and that all client work is supported by letters of engagement, as appropriate.
- Present to all levels of employees, leadership and clients.
- Minimum ten years of experience leading multiple contact centers, with additional 5 year of specific industry experience.
- Exposure to managing P&L required.
- Proven management experience required, with a focus on goal setting and coaching
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple deadlines, and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Experience building effective relationships at all levels
- Track record of building diverse teams and manage a dynamic workforce
- Prove experience in managing, designing, and executing all elements of a contact center, including executing the business strategies into actions that drive results and profitable growth
- Dedicated and thoughtful leader who has demonstrated complex leadership capabilities by managing through short-term needs and long-term growth strategies
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top