Consultant, Small Business Solutions
Reporting to Marsh & McLennan Agency's Managing Director, of theSmall Business Solutions practice, The Consultant will be relied upon for insight and broad knowledge of health and welfare plans. This includes all aspects of employee benefits for groups between 51-99 employees. The key to success as a Consultant is in this person'sability to recommend appropriate benefit solutions that are aligned client's long term business strategies
- Application of knowledge of employee benefit plans including medical, dental, life, disability, FSA, HRA, HSA, COBRA and general HR questions.
- Development and management oflong and short range benefit strategies for clients, and foster strong client relationships.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to clients in areas of Health & Welfare compliance (i.e. HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, 5500, DOL, etc).
- Manage RFP process.
- Coordinate, develop and execute Project plans, as well as periodic presentations for specific client groups.
- Manage Renewal and Implementation processes.
- Benchmark survey data for client plans, summarize and validate reviewed information.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Mentor and educate other members of the team
- Revenue management
- M anagementofpost-implementation process for all lines of coverage
- Become well-versed in all of Marsh & McLennan Agencies practices in order to articulate our services and value proposition to prospective clients.
- Support New Business/Sales initiatives and identifying opportunities including c lient prospecting and offering/conducting benefits assessments
- Mostly internal role with willingness to travel locally when necessary
- Bachelors Degree, with advanced degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in brokerage or insurance industry experience with a thorough understanding of medical plans, with solid exposure/knowledge of multiple ancillary plans; dental, life, STD, LTD, etc., design, rate structures, funding alternatives and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation with advanced writing skills.
- Proficient in Health & Welfare compliance (i.e. HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, 5500, DOL, etc.)
- LAH Licensure or commitment to achieving within 6 months of start date.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of internal staff & management, external clients, prospects and vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize client needs and work in fast pace environment
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to make recommendations directly to business owner
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top