Consultant, FAS Construction Consulting
We are seeking a mid-to-senior level consultant in our Construction Consulting Services team. This consultant will have demonstrated experience in construction cost and schedule analysis, with a focus on claims. An important attribute is the ability to understand the big picture on complex disputes involving schedule delays and cost overruns, and clearly articulate analysis and findings through logical written and verbal communications. The role is client-facing, requiring frequent discussions with clients at project sites. An understanding of the construction environment and claims development is important. Candidates should be up-to-date on industry trends around risk and claims across multiple disciplines of construction. Consultants are expected to build and nurture positive working relationships with clients. In more senior roles, consultants may provide testimony to support dispute resolution (mediation, arbitration, or litigation).
- Manage data collection and document review for complex construction projects.
- Analysis cost reports, change orders, schedules, contracts, and general construction project records.
- Write up analysis and findings in professional reports for use in dispute resolution.
- Create presentations/slides and other communications that can be used with clients.
- Attend and participate in meetings (client and internal). Travel as needed to project sites and other Marsh offices (domestically and internationally).
- May direct the work of one or more junior consultants. Work in a team environment with colleagues in remote locations.
- May develop pricing for projects, support the development of scopes of work for proposals.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top