Compliance Operations Coordinator
- San Francisco, CA
Under the supervision of the Regulatory Compliance Manager, the Compliance Operations Coordinator administratively supports Employee Health & Benefits and Compliance operations and act as a liaison between San Diego operations and the Bay Area for such teams. The Compliance Operations Coordinator gathers information, responds to routine requests, and coordinates administration and operational compliance for the service team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Regulatory Compliance Managers in each office.
- Update existing compliance tools such as FMLA charts, scorecards, etc.
- Proofread Breaking News and Monthly Legislative Compliance newsletters for content and formatting purposes. Work closely with Publications in this regard.
- Calendar and coordinate all monthly and annual events (internal/external).
- Manage Outlook calendars for the Regulatory Compliance Managers as requested, including book travel and hotel accommodations, coordinate meeting times, drive times, materials, etc.
- Maintain a record of services provided to clients.
- Assist with preparation and printing of meeting materials, presentations, and compliance audits.
- Responsible for distribution of compliance alerts and updates to clients.
- Provide administrative and operational support for the client service team
- Greet visitors as they arrive, request visitor to login and inform the appropriate associate of their arrival.
- Coordinate and calendar carrier meetings.
- Support service team with BenefitPoint data entry.
- Gather data, update and maintain the Agency Management System and the filing / ImageRight System.
- Follow processes and procedures as outlined in the Procedure Manual.
- Provide clerical functions to the client service team for new/renewal formal binders, open enrollment communications and other client presentation materials.
- Provide overflow and back-up functions to the communication team for printing and coordination of communications.
- Prepare files and other records as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Develop good relationships with others on the client service team
- Responsible for working with the San Diego Project Manager regarding benefit communication websites as needed.
- Maintain professional standards when working with carriers and internal clients.
- Share operational process and procedures with team members to create a network of information within the department.
- Attend bi-monthly service team meetings and other meetings as requested.
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to internal associates and contact with external vendors. The Compliance Operations Coordinator must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Successful work history to include 1-3 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plan structures.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) in creating presentations and documents, including database and spreadsheet data entry. The ability to operate standard office equipment.
- The ability to perform basic arithmetic, calculate percentages, and percentage increases/decreases.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and composure under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Maintain a valid Driver's License & have reliable transportation.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- 5% travel may be required to visit the San Diego or other Bay Area offices.
Back to top