The Compliance Officer is responsible for supporting the compliance agenda of the West region and providing specialized advice related to the insurance industry. This role is responsible for understanding applicable regulations and monitoring regulatory developments; developing policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements; supporting responses to regulators and other supervisory entities; responding to questions from business colleagues on application of compliance program; supervising monitoring activities; and developing colleague training and awareness programs.
- Support the compliance agenda of the West region or specialty area. Understand applicable regulation and monitoring regulatory developments in applicable line of business
- Support responses to regulators and other supervisory authorities
- Develop policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and changes in market conditions
- Respond to questions from business colleagues/leaders on application of compliance program for the region
- Supervise and report on monitoring activities; assure proper documentation
- Develop colleague training and awareness programs; may deliver training.
- Requires 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible compliance, legal or relevant business experience.
- Insurance industry experience is highly desirable (Property & Casualty, Reinsurance are ideal
- Law degree preferred
- Exercises good judgment; possesses effective collaborative capabilities; demonstrates good communication skills and project management capabilities.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top