ICAT has a great opportunity for someone skilled in Compliance, Forms and Property/Casualty insurance (Excess and Surplus specifically)! The Compliance Manager will ideally be in our suburban Denver facility, but we are open to other locations as well.
Ensures compliance with all domestic (federal, state, local) and Lloyd's of London legal and regulatory insurance company requirements for ICAT's companies. Assesses regulatory, compliance and legal requirements in conjunction with ICAT's business opportunities and potential impact on ICAT's business. General responsibility for policy forms, including review and recommendations for various form changes. Provides subject matter expertise and general guidance to ensure underwriting and supporting operational procedures meet applicable regulatory requirements. Will work closely with the Marsh Legal, Marsh Compliance and the ICAT Leadership Team to establish legal and regulatory practices and procedures as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job responsibilities.
- Ensure company forms and practices comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assesses federal and state legal and regulatory requirements ongoing in conjunction with ICAT's current and new products. Assess the need for ongoing changes.
- Works with Marsh Legal and Compliance team and ICAT UW, Operations and Claims Leadership Team to review and develop forms, business practices and procedures to meet business and legal requirements.
- Draft and/or revise policy forms, secure necessary approval for form changes, coordinate with ICAT Compliance specialist in the maintenance of the policy matrix and forms library.
- Interact with state insurance departments as applicable.
- Subject Matter resource for new product projects.
- Ensure products are distributed in manner which satisfies all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work with the ICAT Compliance specialist and advise/consult on required updates to Compliance Procedures (eg., Document Retention, privacy, etc.).
- Monitor post catastrophe insurance bulletins and draft internal communications as appropriate.
- Monitor business and insurance licensure requirements to ensure that ICAT and Boulder Claims maintain all required licenses for its business activities.
- Monitor emergency licensure requirements. Support the acquisition of emergency licensure as needed in CAT response.
- Resource to Producer Management Coordinator regarding licensing questions and producer contracts.
- May draft and coordinate certain responses to consumer and regulatory complaints within required time periods. Serves as ICAT's compliance point person for specific questions or issues arising from complaints.
- Monitor litigation and provide required notice to E&O carrier.
- Provides training and education support including:
- Develops and maintains a library of compliance resources and contacts.
- Collects regulatory and related compliance information and distribute as needed.
- Participates on projects as required.
- Meets task and project objectives within prescribed quality and time standards.
- Ensures Company operates within requirements as set-forth by federal and state regulatory agencies and other pertinent associations.
- Shares knowledge and resources. Contributes to the success of client deliverables and achievement of departmental objectives.
- Respects client privacy. Demonstrates professional behavior with regard to client privacy internally and externally.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT's company values and strategic plan
- Additional duties as assigned
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Four-year degree
- Eight years of experience as a Legal and Regulatory Compliance Manager in an insurance company, preferably within Excess and Surplus lines.
- Experience working with the state and federal legal and regulatory agencies.
- Experience developing and filing policy forms.
- Experience working with wholesale and retail brokers/agencies.
- Knowledge of underwriting, claims and contracts.
- Experience developing and maintaining underwriting compliance programs and procedures.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
Back to top