The role will support and implement compensation strategies and programs for the region by providing consultation and analytical support to team members and HR colleagues across US and Canada.
- Acts as point of contact on compensation matters for HR partners, handles requests for information from HR partners and escalates highly complex matters to the appropriate individual.
- Acts as an expert resource during year-end process by answering questions and/or escalating issues as appropriate
- Consults with HR regarding market data to help them understand the data and application to their business needs.
- Manages projects, such as annual market pricing and annual survey participation which have moderate impact on the organization.
- Establishes project objectives and develop project plans, manages project timeline and resources; engages stakeholders seeking input from all relevant sources as well as communication of project information and updates to all stakeholders.
We'll need this role to:
- Act as point of contact and provide support and consulting services to HR partners, other COE teams and region managers on compensation matters
- Provide analysis and generates reports from large databases; create and manipulate complex databases to manage employee data and competitive compensation data.
- Conduct market pricing activities by comparing internal pay to the market using published compensation surveys; analyzes base pay and total cash compensation practices internally as well as externally; prepares analytics and modeling in response to requests from leadership.
- Conduct research and analysis on various compensation components (cash, equity, retention, etc.); prepare recommendations, proposals and/or modeling by consolidating and packaging data for leadership.
- Partner with HR business partners on the job evaluation process and related matters; provide subject matter expertise on job leveling to ensure internal equity and appropriate external competitive positioning.
- Manage projects, such as annual market pricing, annual survey participation, and salary structure implementation/maintenance; contribute to various Total Rewards projects such as implementation of new programs and systems, compensation program reviews and sales incentive plan evaluation.
- Develop offer packages for senior hires, as required.
- Understand market practices and trends for the countries, markets and business lines supported.
- Act as an expert resource during year-end review process by ensuring guidelines are followed, auditing data and answering questions and/or escalating issue to manager.
- Contribute to build Total Rewards capabilities in the Region through communication and education initiatives to HR, COE teams and managers.
- Bachelor of Arts
- 5+ years of professional experience in Compensation or Human Resources
- Knowledge of compensation principles and concepts including market pricing, job evaluation and FLSA
- Proficient in Excel, as well as other Office applications such as PowerPoint, Access and Word
- Able to perform analysis on large amounts of data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations
- Experience with Workday (is desired)
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Must be a collaborative self-starter
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Consulting approach and ability to work on multiple priorities
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top