Compensation - Rewards Consultant
Talent Is the Final Frontier The Critical Connection Between Careers, Workforces, and Business Performance
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates.
Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
The Rewards/Compensation Consultant is responsible for managing client projects that focus on broad-based and executive compensation topics, as well as job/career architecture, talent management and Human Resources effectiveness. The Consultant will create deliverables and provide direction to analysts and associates, while serving as a client contact on projects, and writing/reviewing client presentations that include meaningful conclusions for review by senior consultants on the team.
To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
- Prepare client deliverables that translate business needs to client programs, using benchmarking analyses, gap analyses, and HR/workforce program designs and develop the related findings, analytics and recommendations
- Manage client projects by:
- Preparing project charts and templates using project management tools, estimating hours for the project team, and preparing timelines for project milestones
- Serving as an independent project manager for more straightforward projects or modules
- Ensuring client projects adhere to budget by immediately addressing out-of-scope issues or budget overruns and working with senior consultants to manage client expectations
- Prioritizing project activities to manage the workload and meet project deadlines.
- Delegating project tasks in line with individual capability, development needs and available analyst and associate resources
- Writing engagement letters including project steps for senior consultants' review.
- Leading client project status meetings
- Serve as a primary client contact and build relationships with clients; conduct client interviews, facilitates focus groups, and delivers training; responsible for the technical part of client presentations to HR and management, for ongoing client relationships; schedule meetings with clients and issuing client data requests
- Write and review client PowerPoint presentations/reports including Excel exhibits and initial data conclusions; work closely with senior consultants on project to determine the exhibits to be included in the final client presentations
- Write project proposals and answers to Requests for Proposals; suggest project extensions based on existing work; attend sales calls
Develop new tools and templates that can be leveraged in multiple markets; deliver standard training programs; ensure intellectual capital generated within own projects is captured and available for others; proactively contribute to personal learnings, insights and knowledge through the knowledge management forums
- BA/BS degree required including significant coursework in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, human resources (HR) and/or accounting, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, human resources or accounting preferred; project management experience; experience in data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design
- Experience in executive compensation programs a plus
- Excellent project management, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and a strong background in Excel
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing client needs
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top