Company Payables Specialist (1842CCOR)
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Roanoke, Virginia
Company Payables Specialist
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Processes company payables for MMA Mid-Atlantic. Processing includes:
- Comparing company invoices to agency billings to identify any discrepancies.
- Works to resolve discrepancies by researching. Works with Account Managers in each department to reach a resolution.
- Verifying proper documentation from carriers is received prior to issuing payment.
- Answering questions and providing assistance to Account Managers relating to company payables.
- Answering questions and providing assistance to Carrier relating to payments.
- Verify payment from clients has been received for each item being remitted.
- Enter company payables into the agency management system for payment.
- Ensure payments to companies are remitted timely.
- Verifying electronic payments (ACH/WIRE) remittance to carriers. Post electronic payments to agency management system for all company payables.
- Reviews and disburses electronic mail. Works with team to establish efficiencies. Communicates/trains sender when misguided emails are received.
- Records monthly journal entries as assigned by supervisor and other journal entries as needed into the agency management system.
- Acts as backup in the absence of the Company Payables Specialist for the company payables for MMA Mid-Atlantic as well as others required and necessary tasks.
- Assists Assistant Controller with annual audit by reconciling general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Interacts with high level clientele and members of the organization in a positive professional manner.
- Provides assistance to other employees and performs various administrative and other duties as needed.
- Performs monthly closing activities as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with demonstrated advanced proficiency in Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Associates degree or equivalent career experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of accounting experience/education combined.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of accounts receivable and accounts payable principles.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top