Commercial Lines Select Business Manager
The Select Business Unit Manager is responsible for the overall success of the Commercial Select Business for all offices. This position is responsible for the growth & profitability of the department, as well as the overall development of the team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop goals and action plan to accomplish set goals.
- Growth of the division
- Manage carrier relationships
- Enhance the service value proposition and processes.
- Develop standard sales, activity and management reports, identifying relevant information and establish frequency for each; monitor accuracy.
- Set sales goals for all SBU Producers, and assist them in their effort to meet their goal.
- Review, develop and implement best practices.
- Develop processes to improve retention and cross-sell efforts
- Evaluate and improve current processes, procedures and automation.
- Develop the service team, set individual goals, and coach them toward exceeding expectations.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies to achieve departmental goals.
- Identify additional product offering opportunities
- Develop and Champion relationships with key carrier partners
- Develop and implement marketing plans for all products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Several years or more of sales or service experience and expertise within the insurance industry with an understanding of the independent insurance broker and its competitive position in the market. Previous management experience preferred.
- Strong marketing orientation with the ability to develop marketing strategies to exceed revenue goals.
- Ability to meet/exceed sales targets. Proven experience in all aspects of managing the selling process including prospecting for leads, identifying client solutions, negotiations, and closing.
- Ability to build internal/external relationships and develop long-term strategies. Strong client service orientation, highly responsive. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership dynamics with the ability to share a vision, provide direction, build a strong team, implement change and motivate others to succeed.
- Florida Agent's 2-20 license required.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight monthly and as required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top