Commercial Lines Account Manager
The Account Manager coordinates and executes day-to-day customer service and quality account management, coordinating across all solution sets to provide the best level of service for the client. Services an existing book of business for multiple products, with a focus on increasing account retention. Assists the sales team and client executives in growing the book of business.
- Analyzes information for Account Manager pertaining to client insurance programs and drafts insurance and reinsurance contracts.
- Partners with Account Manager to drive business and retention and improve the client experiences throughout the proposal and renewal process.
- Oversees the review of claims, contracts and audits, and follows up regarding endorsements, policy issuance, extensions and cancellations and escalates concerns to direct manager or client team, as appropriate.
- Ensures the success of the renewal cycle by ensuring renewal protocol is completed (via tools available), gathering and analyzing information, tracking quotes and ensuring documents are issued correctly and on-time in accordance with professional standards.
- Oversees the maintenance of proper records for reporting and audit purposes and processes insurance and claims details into the database.
- Strengthens and maintains relationships with clients, prospects, client teams and producers to provide best in class service and drive growth and retention.
- Responds directly to difficult client questions and requests, and solicits assistance from Account Manager as needed.
- Oversees the process of ensuring that all client information is collected, reviewed, updated and communicated to placement team for optimal program solutions and pricing.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of experiencein brokerage or insurance industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize client needs and work in fast paced environment
- Must have the ability to multi-task, and must be comfortable making recommendations to clients
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top