Commercial Insurance Customer Service Representative
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.
Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
• Present Dovetail in a positive manner, while building customer/agent rapport.
• Handle high volume of incoming calls from customers, agents, and carriers.
- Solicit all information necessary to help agent's process quotes and bind policies.
- Develop strong customer service and system skills.
- Build knowledge of guidelines and increase product knowledge.
- Provide post issuance support for a wide variety of business insurance products and services at a high level of excellence.
- Identify forward-thinking solutions that resolve both stated and un-stated needs, making it easier to do business with Dovetail.
- Maintain policy records and administrative assistance.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Dovetail products, systems and processes.
- Maintain positive communication with current customers on a daily basis via telephone, email and other modes of communication as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of performance measured by traditional and contemporary call center performance indicators and behaviors.
- Demonstrate strong active listening skills to identify customer problems or objections.
- Handle objections professionally while clearly articulating relevant product and corporate features, benefits, and add value to the consumer based on developing working product knowledge.
- Achieve and maintain the minimum required quality and phone metrics while consistently striving to improve.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1year of Customer Service experience in a Call Center field with prior customer interaction experience (required).
- Minimum 1 year Insurance background (preferred).
- Excellent communication skills including effective communication with customers while using computer systems to research and process information over the phone.
- Strong typing skills.
- Strong team work.
- Ability to confidently handle customer requests and have a strong attention to detail, exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of MS systems, i.e., MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook and MS Word.
- Good technical, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Spanish-English bilingual a plus, but not required.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to multi-task within a high volume service center environment.
- Ability to make wise decisions quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Adaptability to change.
- Strong math and problem solving skills.
- Decisive judgement, resiliency and integrity.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Hours of Operation are 8:00am-9:00pm; Monday - Friday. Schedule will be discussed at time of hiring.
- Currently hiring for Monday-Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm, 10:00am - 7:00pm, 11:00am - 8:00pm, and 12:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Training Schedule will be Monday-Friday 9:00am - 6:00 pm.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top