Commercial Account Manager
Job Title: Commercial Account Manager
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Summary: This position is responsible for the effective, efficient and timely client management and retention of the book of business of the assigned Agency Producer(s).
Job Responsibilities :
PRIMARY CONTACT WITH THE PRODUCER
- Routinely review aged items reports via O-Dash. All past due items over 30 days should be recognized and actions taken to collect or escalate for assistance.
- Process mail and phone requests on daily basis
• Preparation of binders, certificates, account summaries (to include premium and loss experience as well as coverage), endorsements, policies, lost policy releases, and account balance status when requested.
- Adhere to ImageRight documentation guidelines.
• Prepare proposals & applications in coordination with producer (s), submitting to appropriate carriers and following up for timely receipt of quotations and policies.
• Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review.
• Process and follow up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Maintain proper documentation in regards to Account Activity w/follow up as needed.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of policy forms and endorsements with ability to explain detailed coverage provisions to the client.
PRIMARY CONTACT WITH THE MARKET PLACE
- Initiate own correspondence with companies. Ensure that these items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis
- All accounts to have Loss Summaries completed annually . Loss Summary form is to be the primary communication document for ordering Loss Runs.
- Prepare Certificate Templates for use by Analyst to issue certificates. If Analyst is capable of creating certificate template draft CAM will approve draft certificate template. No coverages not on policy can be added to certificate template without carrier written approval or endorsement.
- Prepare documentation for submissions to Marketing or the incumbent carrier, as appropriate. Minimum submission to Marketing contains:
- Submission to Marketing email request
- Loss Summary
- Complete applications; ACORD, Supplementals, Carrier Specific
- COPE Spread sheet with full documentation.
- Description of Operations by named insured on separate word document, as needed.
- Coverage and exclusion form, as needed.
- Contact with companies to ensure proper processing of all requests necessary to the effectively maintain the client's insurance program including but not limited to renewals, endorsements......etc.
PRIMARY CONTACT WITH THE CLIENT
- In a Producer's/Account Executive's absence, maintain positive Client relationships and have the ability to analyze situations, make proactive decisions and follow through.
- Assist in design of, or independently design, insurance plan for clients as assigned and directed by agency management.
- Initiate own correspondence with clients. Ensure that these items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis.
- Actively use O-Dash to manage Policies past expiration dates, SIC codes...etc to manage client data base variables and collections.
- Visit clients with or without Producer as necessary. MINIMUM OF 6-10 visits per year with demonstrated meeting purpose (i.e. pre renewal meeting, proposals, safety/loss control meeting, gathering information, delivering policies, payment collections, etc.
CHECK THE INSURANCE CONTRACT
- Responsible for personally checking all client policies .
- Identify and address coverage gaps or exposure variations for each renewal by comparing policy forms and form dates on each renewal policy and confirming process completion by signing agency required policy checking document for each account and filing in ImageRight.
- Become Subject Matter Expert in area of interest or technical capability and become resource to department providing periodic updates of changes, enhancements, issues in chosen area.
- Demonstrate satisfactory progress/development in areas identified for attention by the Agency QC program
DELEGATE TO THE ANALYST
- Documented compliance with Renewal Timeline and management of task completion by appropriate team member
- Demonstrated ability to actively delegate to the analysts.
- Ensure that the Analyst performs all tasks identified in the Analyst job description as well as the renewal timeline.
- Maintain and exhibit a positive, professional attitude in the performance of your job, treat clients, prospects, and agency employees with courtesy and respect, ability to maintain composure at all times, conform to the organizational chart on all personnel matters and contribute to a company team approach toward meeting agency goals and providing excellent client services.
- Represent the agency in a competent, professional manner , appropriate business attire for all client events or meetings unless otherwise advised by the client.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Client Services
- Work From Home is a privilege not an entitlement. Availability for client meetings takes precedent over WFH.
- Consistently present for work in a timely manner with isolated unscheduled absences.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top