Client Services Pension Specialist
The purpose of this position is providing expert guidance and training to Analysts and to support new client implementations and perform complex pension calculations where necessary.
To fulfill this role, the Specialist will:
• Responsible for the final peer review of pension calculations performed by others using established calculation tools and processes.
• Provide guidance and training to client teams and serve as a subject matter expert.
• Project management responsibility for recurring client processes.
• Analyze legislative and regulatory summaries and ensure compliance for all client work. Adherence and enforcement of all established standards
• Lead or act as a key resource in new client implementations through implementing the project work plan and controlling project scope
• Assist in analyzing and translating client plan documents into business requirements for implementation of pension calculation tools
• BA/BS degree required in Math, Business, Statistics, Finance or Programming.
• 5 + years of advanced defined benefits administration experience.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Working knowledge of actuarial concepts and calculation methods, e.g. actuarial factors and commutation functions. Strong knowledge of the IRS code and DOL rules and regulations as they apply to defined benefit plans and procedures including: the Pension Protection Act, 401(a)(17), 415(b), 417(e), Relative Value and RASD.
• Ability to work in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands. Demonstrated leadership experience within a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate. technical information in a way that others can understand.
• Strong client relationship and consulting skills.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top